Medium undead, any evil alignment
- Armor Class
- 17 (natural armor)
- Hit Points
- 135 (18d8 + 54)
- 30 ft.
|11 (+0)||16 (+3)||16 (+3)||20 (+5)||14 (+2)||16 (+3)|
- Saving Throws
- Con +10, Int +12, Wis +9
- Arcana +18, History +12, Insight +9, Perception +9
- Damage Resistances
- cold, lightning, necrotic
- Damage Immunities
- poison; bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing from nonmagical attacks
- Condition Immunities
- charmed, exhaustion, frightened, paralyzed, poisoned
- truesight 120 ft., passive Perception 19
- Common plus up to five other languages
- 21 (33,000 XP)
- Legendary Resistance (3/Day).
If the lich fails a saving throw, it can choose to succeed instead.
If it has a phylactery, a destroyed lich gains a new body in 1d10 days, regaining all its hit points and becoming active again. The new body appears within 5 feet of the phylactery.
The lich is an 18th窶人evel spellcaster. Its spellcasting ability is Intelligence (spell save DC 20, +12 to hit with spell attacks). The lich has the following wizard spells prepared:
- Cantrips (at will):
- mage hand, prestidigitation, ray of frost
- 1st level (4 slots):
- detect magic, magic missile, shield, thunderwave
- 2nd level (3 slots):
- acid arrow, detect thoughts, invisibility, mirror image
- 3rd level (3 slots):
- animate dead, counterspell, dispel magic, fireball
- 4th level (3 slots):
- blight, dimension door
- 5th level (3 slots):
- cloudkill, scrying
- 6th level (1 slot):
- disintegrate, globe of invulnerability
- 7th level (1 slot):
- finger of death, plane shift
- 8th level (1 slot):
- dominate monster, power word stun
- 9th level (1 slot):
- power word kill
- Turn Resistance.
The lich has advantage on saving throws against any effect that turns undead.
- Paralyzing Touch.
Melee Spell Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature. Hit: 10 (3d6) cold damage. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Constitution saving throw or be paralyzed for 1 minute. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
The lich can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action option can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature窶冱 turn. The lich regains spent legendary actions at the start of its turn.
The lich casts a cantrip.
- Paralyzing Touch (Costs 2 Actions).
The lich uses its Paralyzing Touch.
- Frightening Gaze (Costs 2 Actions).
The lich fixes its gaze on one creature it can see within 10 feet of it. The target must succeed on a DC 18 Wisdom saving throw against this magic or become frightened for 1 minute. The frightened target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success. If a target窶冱 saving throw is successful or the effect ends for it, the target is immune to the lich窶冱 gaze for the next 24 hours.
- Disrupt Life (Costs 3 Actions).
Each non-undead creature within 20 feet of the lich must make a DC 18 Constitution saving throw against this magic, taking 21 (6d6) necrotic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.